Thursday, November 6, 2008

Optometrist Visit

Sorry about the delay in posting. I'll try to catch you all up. A few weeks ago I went and visited an Optometrist at the University of Waterloo. I must say that he is the best Doctor I have been to in regards to explaining diagnosis'. When we arrived he actually met us at the reception. (Yes...he was actually waiting there when we arrived).

Their oculo-visual assessment revealed that I have functional vision, and my fine detail vision has developed as per the normal range.

My left eye is favored for most tasks and my tracking abilities appear to be more accurate in upward and left gazes.

I do fixate on objects with the central part of my vision, indicating that the most sensitive part of my vision has developed normally so far. I do only view with one eye at a time and mostly favor looking at things with my left eye. My left eye will occasionally turn inward when my right eye views, and my right eye will occasionally turn upward when my left eye views.

Refraction revealed that I am nearsighted in both eyes. The refractive error was 2.50D. This means the clearest vision for me is within 40cm from my eyes. But, I do not need glasses at this time, they will re-evaluate me at 3 years old.

Lastly, they tested me using the Teller Acuity Cards for my visual acuity (fine detail). I was told the normal range at my age is 20/270 to 20/70. My measurements were 20/90 with both eye's viewing. Which is great!!!!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com