Thursday, August 6, 2009

Physio

From the very start of my first physiotherapy appointment I screamed from start to finish. No matter what I did there, I was completely unhappy and unmotivated. I will do the same thing at home and on my own terms with no argument but not at the my appointments and not when being made to do it!! After almost 2 years of this Mommy and our PT have become very frustrated. About 3 weeks ago we introduced Picture Cards into the mix (thanks to our wonderful Speech therapist) and have added tactile supplements to them as needed. Mommy also started doing this at home.

Well.... we just got back from out appointment today and it was a great SUCCESS!! I used the walker (we are starting with this walker until I feel more secure to use the one that goes behind me...I'm not sure of the proper name) and rode the tricycle without crying. I actually even enjoyed it and looked around at all the murals on the wall. Mommy and my PT ( Who is fabulous by the way!!) are so excited with this progress:

Using the walker







Picture card my Mommy made using Paint.net free program
(Thanks to Naill Brown's www.deafblindresources.org website for the instructions)
And here is a video of me riding the tricycle....Sorry about the lopsided post. I didn't know how to fix it.




9 comments:

Grammazoo said...

Whoopee! Way to go Miss Evie! You are just doing fantastic on your bike! Kudos to Mommy for doing all the extra research and finding a solution for you! Keep up the great work guys!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Way to go, Evie!! You are doing so well on your tricycle!

Happy 2nd Birthday, sweet girl!

Kristi said...

WOW! What a great job you are doing, Evie!
I especially loved seeing you on that tricycle... all that coordination to pedal is wonderful!

Hua said...

Great job riding the tricycle! Your mom and your PT must be so proud of you!

Crystal M. said...

Great job Evie!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
PS LOVE THE DOG HACKER!! LOL!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Heather, I saw your comments on Katie's blog and wanted to respond. Katie's crying episodes started when she was around 3 (she is 7 1/2 now). They are often accompanied by seizure-like symptoms, such as "zoning out," rapid blinking, muscle tics, etc. We've had two EEGs done, and both were abnormal but didn't catch any true seizures happening. We showed a picture of the rash on Katie's face to one neurologist, and he said it was indicative of a nerve pain syndrome. Facial nerve pain, maybe? He treated her for trigeminal neuralgia for several months with Neurontin, but we really didn't see much difference. Katie's episodes have always come in cycles, sometimes lasting for several weeks, then just disappearing for months. They were usually happening in the winter, so we were kind of attributing the flare-ups to the cold weather, but then this summer she had them really bad from June through August. So now we're really stumped. Let me know if you find out anything related to Evie's episodes. I hate to hear that she's having these--they are so upsetting to watch--especially when you don't know what's causing them or what to do about them. But I'm at least glad to have found someone to communicate with who understands and is dealing with the same issues. I don't believe for a minute that these are behavioral! We'll keep searching for answers.

Unknown said...

Hello there My Pretty Princess, just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. It's great to see you on your bike you are doing soooooo well now!!! Keep up the good work Princess and say thanks to Mommy for making it more enjoyable.
I love you very, very much Pretty Princess and wish if I can give you lots of loving right now so please ask Mommy and Daddy to give you some BIG hugs and Lots of kisses for me.
Bye for now, Aage.

Kristi said...

Hi Evie and Heather...
Just checking in to see how you are all doing :-)
No pressure to update or respond - - Just wanted you to know you are being thought of! :-)
Kristi

anna said...

I tell you nice shops selling air force one shoes, you can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.five finger shoes,which are cute shoes you first time see them. you can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.Maybe you should try to pick these. ugg clearance, It is time to have a look at them,These are nice for you.Pick jordan basketball shoes,if you are Jordan fans.cheap uggs clearance,If you like them just pay a visit on them. I dont know why but I just Love Those Things,So how do you think about it?cheap ugg boots,ugg women,just choose.Those are the awesome shops I wanna tell you guysI mean I am serious for this,I dont fool you now.These are nice for you...Jordan Fusions.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com